Nitrogen Ointment is a remedy that is usually prescribed by physicians to patients suffering from frequent anal fissures. Nitroglycerine is a key chemical ingredient in this medicine and belongs to the nitrate category of antihypertensives.
Anal fissures that are chronically present is an illness that is characterized by a sharp and severe discomfort after defecation that is often is accompanied by bleeding. It is described as a burning pain that can last for a long time after defecation.
You can also check out https://www.proktis-m.ca/anal-fissures.php# for acute fissure treatment.
Image Source: Google
The most common classification for anal fissures is in two categories:
- Anal fissures are acute and look like a paper cut across the anal skin. They are healing in six weeks.
- Anal fissures with chronic anal infections take longer to heal and can be much more extensive and deep than acute fissures.
- The ointment can be effective in treating chronic fissures of the anal and helps to relax the muscles that surround the anus of fissures. It improves blood flow and heals anal tears, which results in alleviating discomfort.
Make sure to use this drug only when your physician has advised that you use it. There are some circumstances in which the use of this medication is advised. Utilizing it in this kind of situation could result in certain side effects that can lead to complications. A few of these scenarios include:
- If you have an allergy to any of the ingredients in this medication.
- If you suffer from impairment to your liver or kidneys, you should consult your doctor.
- If you're undergoing any procedure
- If you are pregnant
- If you suffer from heart disease, you should consult your doctor.